US Visa Photo Requirements.
You must satisfy US Visa Photo Requirements to obtain an entry visa to the United States. The photograph is an essential part of a passport without which it is quite incomplete as well as unacceptable. For some countries, digital images are compulsory for both the visa and the passport. In order to apply for the visa and passport for the united states of America, you need to follow the following instructions.
Requirements for the US passport and visa
- The photograph should be in colour
- Photo size should be 2 x 2 inches or 51mm x 51mm
- Should be taken within last 6 months to make sure there are minimal changes in a person
- Face expressions should be neutral
- Attire should not be too fancy
- Mobile phones, gadgets and headphones are not allowed in the photo
- Sunglasses are not allowed in the picture. If a person wears glasses for medical reasons, they should not cover the eyes and there should be no shadows.
- Do not wear a hat or cover your head unless for religious purpose
Photo requirements of children and babies
Children who are five years are not bound to keep their facial expressions neutral. However, they are required to look straight at the camera.
As for babies, a supporting hand can help to keep the baby’s head straight but that hand should not appear in the picture. The baby is not required to keep his eyes open.